Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Keepin it up

My 101 is still rockin hard!  I am trying to say my prayers daily.  This is by far the most important of my daily goals.  I am just shocked at how hard it is for me.  I used to be in a really good habit.  Zac and I would pray before meals and before bed, now we just gotta get back into it.  I did buy the bible on CD to listen to on my ride to and from work.  I figured not only would it help as a reminder for prayer, but also I would be able to check off that bible story each month.  Unfortunately it's in MP3 format and my CD player can't handle it.  I got it at Dollar General for $1.50.  I think I bought 6 copies, because they were on clearance and there are plenty of people who need it.

Anyway....I did my two new recipes too.  Bruschetta and huevos rancheros.  Both were delicious.  This was a little hard for me too.  I am not a recipe person by any means.  I really tend to wing it.  I, in fact, did not follow the recipe for either.  I just got the general idea and made it my own.  I still think it counts though!

That's where I'm at now.  I just hope I follow through with all this!

3 comments:

  1. I think these goals are great! Just remember prayer doesn't have to be organized, thankfully for most of us! It's just a conversation with God :)
    I love to use recipes, but I change them all the time, i think that's really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our associate pastor told us about "popcorn" prayer. think of when we pop popcorn in dad's popper and how once it starts popping it just starts shooting up randomly. that's how prayer can be. you don't have to just sit down, close your eyes, and pray. you can just shoot up a prayer at any moment for whatever you are thinking about. i feel like i was never taught that(that prayer doesn't have to be organized), and it was really good for me to hear that. so now i can have short "popcorn" prayers with God all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbie go to Biblegateway.com you can do a daily bible reading plan which is what I do. There you can pick the interpretation you want , compare versions of same scripture with other scriptures. I am doing a chronological reading in 60 days and doing it in The Message. Super easy and free! It is a great source lots of options here.

    ReplyDelete