Saturday, February 13, 2010

Julie and Julia

One of my goals is to read one book each month.  My first was Julie and Juila.  I hated it.  It got great reviews, everyone wrote about how funny it was, and now it's a freakin movie.  I barely finished the thing before the end of the month.  I didn't find Julie to be at all likeable.  I thought she was obnoxious and self-centered, which, I know sounds a little odd considering it was an autobiography but the others I've read were not.  I just really disliked her as a person, so I think maybe that's why it was so hard to push myself throught it.  Plus, I was not at all invested in her "accomplishment", so I had nothing to celebrate at the end of the book.   Yes, she did it.  No, I don't care.  For some reason, eating organs soaked in butter for an entire year in an effort to actually finish something you've started and make up for your own lack of character is not exactly an ambitious goal in my eyes.  I feel like there are other, more important things to focus your efforts on.  This is what I feel should be included within the front cover of her book.

In summary, Julie and Julia sucked.  Julie, by herself, sucks more.



PS, if you liked it, sorry for my harshness, but it's true.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the movie, then I found out in real life Julie was cheating on her husband and that just ruined it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the movie but couldn't get into the book. I think she was a tool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah, just saw the comment from you mom. hilarious!

    ReplyDelete