Thursday, April 15, 2010

#44. Make baby food for Caroline

Caroline is officially a big girl.  She is starting to eat whatever Maggie and Kylie are eating, which means, I'm done making all her food.  The following are a series of pictures of the process.  This is what I started with, lots and lots of food.  
So there were apples, pears, kiwis, blueberries, carrots, peas, green beans, brocolli, zucchini, corn, sweet potatoes,  and squash.  



Now that's a heck of a lot of baby food.  Actually, 320 some tablespoons. I kept track.  It makes me happy to see it all again.  I ended up filling 24 tubs.  Not sure how many cubes exactly.  Maggie spent $20 on the food.  The Gerber tubs that hold 3.5 oz, are sold in a 2 pack for $1.99 according to the interenet sites.  So, what I made should have cost $92.  

I loved being able to do this.  Actually, I really liked doing it period.  I would love to be able to make this something I do on the side for busy moms.  I am starting a garden at my mom and dad's house full of all these veggies.  Maggie's best friend is pregnant with her first baby and I hope to use food from my garden for him (i'm just sure it's a boy).  Anyway, if you know some busy mom who wants quality food for less for her new bean, you send her my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment